Function of the Department
- Any activity of the Population Welfare Program that the Provincial or Federal Government may specify.
- Coordination of Population Welfare Program with other National building departments at district and local levels.
- Family Welfare Service, clinical and non clinical contraception through Family Welfare Centers and the Reproductive Health Services Establishment particularly for rural areas.
- Implementation of publicity and communication strategy.
- Population Welfare motivational services and establishment of contact with the clients at all levels.
- Promotion of community involvement and active participation in Population Welfare Program.
- Supply of contraceptive and medicines to the clients through the network of community distribution points, and other agencies involved in the program.
- Setting up Advisory Management Committees at Family Welfare Centre level and Population Welfare Councils at District and Provincials levels.
- Service mattes, except those entrusted to the Services, & General Administration Department.